Just know that I know that these words are ugly.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

He leaked

I had a dream in my waking sleep
From the dark of my bathroom
The sirens were blaring and the lights were flashing
You heard the news and fell to the kitchen floor
"Hey, hey what's wrong," she would say
but sound couldn't reach you from that distance
You were already lost in a far off place, a place where I still belonged
The tears fell fast and hard as it became real, what you already knew
In my own wakeful sleeping sadness I could feel your sorrow
and all those words you wished that you could say.
She could feel, you would tell them; she was real.
You'd get up there and you would say:
Did you know, no, no I don't think you knew.
Her love was beautiful. Do you know about her words?
There's a beauty in her secrets you'd say.
And this time it would be you stealing my words.
You'd have to sing my song for me, for them
because it's something very few could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment